Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What a day.


Good morning world, after a busy day yesterday, I slept like a baby after a bottle of wine, to prove it I dribbled a little. I spent the morning having hot chocolate at a little cafe and reading my book, then wandering aroung the church ST Germaine which is old, big and very dark, with lots of little chapels around the back of the alter. Met Saint Antonio, Saint Therese of Listeux, and my old friend Notre dame de lourds. Lit a candle and then wandered back to the hotel for a wee snooze before being picked up and driven 78 km out to Monet village. The speed limit on the motorway is 130 my sort of speed, although it is a little nerve wracking on the wrong side of the road. The french villages are beautiful, and the one that Mr M house is in is so nicely rural, saw some french pigs, which look as though they have run full tilt into a brick wall, their noses are all squashed. The geese in the firelds remind me very much of Elvis, and every house has a well stocked vege garden. Monet house is awesome, the colours of the rooms, blue, yellow, and blue/white, are striking, even the clock in the blue room is painted blue and white. Its a comfortable house, you could live their very easily without feeling too posh. The view from the upstairs rooms are amazing, and look out onto the more formal garden. Instead of talking about it I will show you, actually its the one at the top of the page.It is The stream and the japanese bridge which is famous as are the waterlillies are across the road, here is a picture.

not bad ah, for an amature. One more to really give you an example of the flowers.after we left the gardens, we drove thru some beautiful villages instead of going on the motor way. I have a question...what is this...the person who can tell me gets a special present.

what is it.

This castle originally built in the 12th centry and the other bit much later was were Himmel was two days before D day, he was visiting family and didnt know that Hittler wanted him back in Germany, and that the Allies were to attack 2days later, facinating. Of course much of the war was fought around this area, which is very forested, between there and Paris. Lots of signs of deer and pigs along the high way, obviously they wander into the road all the time. It was a great day, and one I will treasure for a long time. missing you all xxx Vierge and Vernon

5 comments:

  1. Your such a fabulous writter mum!
    I believe the object is either a small mans penis...Or one of those things you rub the dirt of your shoe? or is it a luck charm thingy?

    Those photos are beautifull :)

    Just made sarah and tom and i and daniel later tuna pasta..Was goood!! made me BURP

    Love you to you both ( Dad take some garlic tablets they will solve the cold)

    Love Shaggy and Beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have no idea what that thingy is. Will ask Charles I when he's finished putting Charles II to bed. It's a bust and looks like brass. Maybe a bottle opener or letter opener? I'm sure it's a beautiful addition to your collection of interesting but useless objects.

    Sounds like you had a lovely day and the photos are beautiful. You've managed to make the blog very educational too.

    How was work for Dad?

    We had beautiful weather here today warm and sunny. Sadly the grass is still under water but Charles II managed to play outside and cover himself in mud head to toe. His fun towel game managed to cover the towels in mud too. If you want to play the towel game just run as fast as you can at the towels drying on the line and laugh hysterically when they go over your head and you fall over.

    Hope you read our comments!

    All is well here :)

    Love Charles I, Charles II and Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Charles1,Charles 11 and Mary, The thing is attached to a wall, and it is its purpose I want you to work out. I have not bought one!!!!
    Dad is sick. he is barking and sniffing like an old dog, there was a bomb scare at the train station he uses but he was blissfully unaware, did wonder why there were so many people around. I wonder why I have never played the towel game, it sounds so much fun, I love mud, although there is not a lot in paris, just rain, although I can see a patch of blue out of the window. I love reading your comments, its so nice to keep in touch and see what Charlie 11 is up too. How is Charlie1, talked to Allie and chris, they seem good, plan for today is to find batteries for camera, go to a pharmacy for tissues, throat longes, and other anti cold stuff for father, and then to somthing educational although the call of the Laudree is calling for coffee and cake this ave. Hope you have a good nigt, big hugs to all the charles and to you xxxxxxVierge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mother and Father

    I am unbelieably jelous. So much so I can't spell. It looks beautifull and I wish I could have shared it with you!!

    I think it is a tap...

    Edgar thinks it is a hose hook...

    Things are going swimingly here. Working hard!! Very much looking forward to getting the keys to our house on Friday and then down to Timaru on Saturday to see a certain couple of brothers.

    Love you both!!

    Love Bertha and Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow guys looks like an amazing time.
    i got the post a comment thing worked out. is it a particular symbol to tell people what is inside the building like a marker.
    Any who hope you enjoy your day.
    lots of love Albus

    ReplyDelete